Why Give to ChiTech?
At ChiTech, we believe in more than just taking tests and college and career preparation. We position our students to be leaders through access and opportunity to real world learning. Our partnership programs give our students exposure to the world of work in technology, the boundless opportunities across industries, and connections to key business leaders in Chicago. Join the 100+ organizations that have partnered with ChiTech by volunteering, hosting interns and most importantly DONATING.
ChiTech operates like a lean start-up – we find innovative ways to minimize our expenses while improving student achievement and opportunity. CPS, state and federal funding allocates $10,275 per student to the school, but the true cost to educate a ChiTech student is $14,000. It is up to us to cover that gap. The 2016-2017 fundraising need is $450,000. This is a big number, and we rely heavily on our partners to help make-up the difference.
Our donor’s generosity defines us!
Spotlight Need: Support Week Without Walls
Join ChiTech in spirit by pledging support to our first ever, Week Without Walls beginning April 17th!
Week Without Walls is intended to stretch the boundaries of learning while providing students with the opportunity to visit new places and discover new skills outside of a traditional classroom setting.
Student experiences will include the following:
- Camping at Kettle Moraine State Forest Southern Unit
- The Recyclery – Students who love biking and working with their hands will love this experience. Students will learn the intricacies of active transportation, navigation, and value of community service.
- ChiTech Olympics at UIC
Where does your money go?
The funds raised to support a ChiTech education allow us to continue providing the provisions our school model depends. Just a few of these programs include:
‣ Real World Learning Programs (Internships, Power Lunches, Field Trips)
‣ Classroom Supplies and Resources
‣ Student Enrichment Programs (ACT Prep, Counseling, Special Education)
‣ Technology & Software
‣ Project Equipment and Tools
‣ Teacher Professional Development (High Tech High, Conferences, Seminars and more)