ChiTech is excited about transformative education, not just test scores.
A Chicago Tech Academy education blends core academic content with real-world application.
Our curriculum approach is to use the innovation and creativity in the technology to redesign what and how students learn in school. Chicago Tech uses a Project-based Learning where students academic knowledge is combined with 21st century skills. Students learn to communicate, collaborate and critically think. Our projects have authentic audiences that provide a purpose for learning. We prepare students for the work of the future.
In addition to a four-year, college prep course load, students at Chicago Tech Academy have the opportunity to take a wide variety of technology, entrepreneurship and engineering classes every day. Students also benefit from a daily advisory period and block scheduling to support project based learning.
ChiTech’s model for learning includes:
- 21st century skills like innovation, critical thinking, entrepreneurship, collaboration and communication.
- Our block schedule allows for students to have time to dive deep into subjects. We also include a daily advisory for every student that combines both team and trust building but also personal and social development.
- Work-based projects and internships that help students explore different career-paths and gain real world experience. Guest lectures and behind-the-scenes field trips with our leading technology partners.
- Professional Mentoring which links students with personalized guidance from industry leaders.
And it’s not just about the technical side. Our staff and faculty are commitmented to collaboration, growth, and creative-critical thinking. We truly believe, if you can dream it, you can do it at Chicago Tech Academy.
View the CPS Grad Requirements.
- Creative Writing
- Exploring Computer Science
- Intro to Engineering & Design – Project Lead the Way
- Multimedia Art
- Principles of Engineering – Project Lead the Way
- Video Game Design
Dual-Credit Courses with City Colleges of Chicago
- Updates soon!